August 1, 2009

Obsession

I think I may have a banana obsession...
See Banana Pancake recipe here.



I was about to toss out 3 VERY ripe bananas, but then I remembered that I'm obsessed with everything banana (except any candy that is banana flavored - gross!). So I made a


BANANA CAKE




When I served it to my dad and husband they proceeded and to oooo and ahhh so, naturally, I thought they were being sarcastic and it was terrible, BUT, they were genuine love-the-cake yummy noises. Yay!

I definitely have a ways to go on making a Banana Cake as good as the one served at St. Michaels Bar and Grill in downtown Springfield. Theirs is absolutely to die for!!! But if you want to settle for Summer's version...

Banana Cake
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 c sugar
1 1/2 c oil
3 bananas, mashed
1 small can crushed pineapple
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
3 c flour

Beat eggs, vanilla and sugar. Blend in oil, bananas and pineapple. Blend in salt, soda and flour. Cook 1 hour in a greased and floured bundt pan at 350.


Cream Cheese Frosting
6oz. cream cheese, room temp
3 1/2 c powdered sugar
1 stick butter, softened
1/4 tsp. vanilla

Combine all ingredients and mix at low speed until blended smoothly.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm going to have to write this down. I love using up the old mushy bananas for stuff like this. It sound and looks good. :)