July 7, 2009

I Smile!

First Bloom




I was just complaining to Chris that our crepe myrtles seem late to bloom this year. I say this EXACT SAME THING every year! I'm always anxious about it...and I'm not a very anxious person. The next day...tada...our first bloom on one of our 3 crepe myrtle trees!

God was listening.

You know what I LOVE about crepe myrtles? When all the rest of the summer flowers are starting to droop, look sunburnt, and get annoying by how much water they require, the crepe myrtle creeps in to brighten the rest of the summer with amazingly beautiful (effortless) blooms.

I'll call them...

SUMMERTIME'S SWEATY SMILE

Maybe one day I'll have an entire grove.



Or at least get to visit this one at the Dallas Botanical Garden and Arboretum when they're in bloom!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, I should go. Funny, but they were blooming so big in Mississippi that JT and I both noticed and couldn't remember if ours were blooming at home. They aren't as full, but they have started.