July 21, 2009

Oh My Feathers

I saw a great feather headband about 2 months ago at a boutique downtown that looked like this



Like this one, found at Free People, the one downtown cost around $38...which was out of my price range for a fleeting faddish accessory.

I'm SO not the trend setter, but I'll pick one up every now and then.

In my same random Hobby Lobby trip that spawned the solution to the abundance of my 12 month old's hair accessories, seen here, I stumbled upon a feather that looked IDENTICAL to the one I had my sights set on earlier this year. I was super excited when the price tag was only $2.99!

HOBBY LOBBY = solution to one abundance
HOBBY LOBBY = contribution to another abundance



Here's how to make your own for almost nothing.


Step #1: Gather supplies (feather $2.99, package of headbands $1.00, thread and needle I had)



Step #2: Attach feather to headband.
I thought about using a hot glue gun, but decided sewing would be sturdier and not much harder. So I just whip stitched around the headband attaching it to the feather's pad that was on the back.



Step #3: Wear and admire your craftsmanship.




No comments: