July 17, 2009

Too Many Bows

We outgrew the small piece of ribbon I had tacked to the wall to hold Savannah's hair bows, so it was time for a newer, better, bigger, improved hair bow holder.

How many hair bows can a 12 month old have??

TOO MANY.



So, I was perusing my local Hobby Lobby the other day with no particular mission in mind and saw the wood crafts isle. I thought the circular plaque ($1.47) and a wooden "S" ($0.99 - 2 pack) would do the trick. Everything else I had on hand.





Here's how to make your own!

Step #1: Gather all supplies



Step #2: Paint plaque and "S" desired color (I chose the color of Savannah's walls to coordinate).



Step #3: Cut out a circle in a coordinating paper and glue onto the plaque once paint is dry.



Step #4: Apply a thick coat of Mod Podge to cover the paper and edges of plaque.



Step #5: Decorate "S" - I just cut a piece of grosgrain ribbon in half lenghwise and tied around the letter. I also put a small bit of No Fray on the ribbon edges.



Step #6: Hot glue letter to plaque.



Step #7: Cut equal lengths of grosgrain ribbon and staple to back of plaque. Also attach hanging hardware.



Step #8: Hang, clip on hair bows, and wait for your husband to notice your newest COMPLETED project :)



And it matches the rest of her room perfectly!!

3 comments:

swalton said...

SO cute!!

Heather said...

This is very cute!

Amy said...

Great idea! I have two ribbons hanging with a bow tied at the top I may have to try something like this. thanks